Canvas Paper Texture & Example


Here's a canvas texture that hopefully will be of some use, measurements are 2000 X 2000 pixels in size.
I've also posted a quick example how I used it on an image, just click on read more to view.





Canvas Paper Example:

1. I opened my selected image in photoshop, which automatically becomes the "Background Layer".

2. I opened my Canvas Paper texture in photoshop, which now becomes "Layer 1", I then set the "Layer Mode" to "Screen" and the "Opacity" to 100%.

3. I hilight the "Background Layer" and right click and make a "Duplicate Layer" then drag it on top of "Layer 1" and set the "Layer Mode" to Multiply" and the "Opacity" to 100%.

4. I now click on "Layer 1" and hilight it and right click and duplicate it and drag it on top of all layers, the set the "Layer Mode" to "Multiply" and the "Opacity" to 26%.

That's it, as always, have fun.





24 comments:

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Jerry this texture will be so useful to me - thankyou so much.

Curt and Sarah said...

Thank you! Great texture!

Ann said...

what a fabulous texture and your example is gorgeous. Definitely worthy of framing and hanging on a wall

Sim said...

Thank you Jerry!
Very useful!
Hope you have had nice Xmas with lots of love and chocolates!
XXX Sim

melliel said...

Thank you for the texture & the instructions!

phyllis said...

very nice! thanks for the tips too.

Anonymous said...

awesome texture! thank you!

Lisa B said...

wonderful, thanks so much. Happy New Year!

Debra Heschl's Photography said...

thank you so much!!! I love this!

Magnolia said...

Thank you, Jerry - for the texture and the tips!

Country Girl said...

Wow. Love the tutorial. Have yet to try it that way. Gorgeous texture, too. Thank you, kind sir, for your continued generosity.

Country Girl said...

Jerry,
I just tried this and feel so naive about textures. All this time, I was simply layering them over my background copy. Duplicating the layers and using the multiply mode is fantastic. Damn. There is so much I don't know.
Thanks again for this. I love the effect. And you always seem to have exactly what I'm looking for.

Have a wonderful New Year.

Anonymous said...

thank you!
looking forward to trying this one out :)

Henrietta said...

Jerry I think I love you:)
Thank you for this, You make everything that I'm too lazy for.
Greetings from Finland

Godelieve said...

Thanks a lot for this fabulous texture, and the tutorial.

Sandra Harris said...

Very useful indeed Jerry, thanks a lot ;-))

Michelle said...

Many thanks.

neki desu said...

happy new year!
been looking for something like this. thanks a lot.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Sent over from Sylvia's blog!!! Your work is stunning!!!!!! I think I need to share you with others!!!! : ) I am a new follower.

Anonymous said...

Love it Jerry ! Thank you !

BN said...

You are amazing and very generous!! As a graphic designer on a very tight deadline and budget, you are my hero!!! Thank you!!

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Something a little different! I like it! Thank you!

belle007 said...

Thanks very much for the texture. Great seeing the example!

Espresso said...

Wonderful!

Donation