All Apologies

First off, please except my apologies, it seems when I logged on this morning I was rudely awakened by 33 e-mail failures, all of which I did not send.  I've never, ever experienced anything like this before.  Not sure where to start, I'm assuming I have a bug, which I'm loaded with virus security, so I'm not sure how it got in.  Thought I would post this for all to read, again I apologize for any inconvenience.

I shall run a scan with Norton and check with Yahoo mail ........ what fun today brings!

*** UPDATE ***

First of all, I'd like to thank those who have responded with help, deeply appreciated.
Secondly, I can't express my apologies enough, I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience.

I've changed my password with ATT/ my e-mail provider, hopefully this does the trick.

I'm not sure what and how I was infected, but my computer seems okay, and the only
thing I did out of the ordinary yesterday, was I went to the Vimeo video site and watched
some Photoshop CS5 tutorials, not sure if that's the culprit or not, but to be safe, I will not
return anytime soon.

I'm understandingly getting so many e-mail responses my head hurts, and if you by any chance get
further strange e-mails supposedly from me, please let me know, thanks.

Again, please do not follow any links within the supposedly e-mails sent from me, just to be safe!

Again, I'm so sorry.




Barbara said...

OMG - get rid of Norton. It's the pits. So is McAffee. Go get F-Secure - the best. I think your site may also be under attack - it is so slow running I can hardly scroll down the page. Maybe you're just out of bandwidth; I don't know, but I'm sorry fo your troubles. Good luck!

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

Hi Jerry,
My husband's e-mail is with Yahoo and I just checked with him. He did not have any problem this morning. The e-mail that came from you had your name embedded in it, but it was not a Yahoo address. Do you have access to that information? If not, let me know. Sometimes it helps the e-mail systems to know what address it was masked as so they can shut it down.
Also, I'm not having any problem with your blog loading.
Best of luck with this. It's such a pain.

DebC said...

I was one who got the odd email message (which I instantly deleted).
It happens.
I love your work by the way.
You'll get this fixed :)

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Hi, Jerry,

I got an email from "you" -looks like your account was hacked, I think you are supposed to change your password, if possible, and/or contact your provider for assistance.

Site is working fine for me.
Feel free to delete this comment - it was for info to you only.

Geri Centonze said...

I so agree with Barbara. I listen to Leo Laporte the "tech guy" on Saturdays and he highly recommends Microsoft Security Essentials - it's free and he says it's as good as any "paid" system out there. The "paid" one he recommends is Nod 32 by eset. I've had both and prefer Microsoft Security Essentials. You have to have Windows 7 though. Good luck!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Yes, I got an email from you this morning. :) I've noticed that simply just changing your email password stops those from going out again. ?.

mudmaven said...

Good Morning Jerry. You might try running MalwareBytes - there is a fine free version and it catches these mailbot type things and fixes them too. Sometimes its not a virus that causes this so your antivirus won't catch it. I use MB on all my workstations (there's about 50 total) and it has saved my butt more than once. I do IT for 3 offices of attorneys and they can be very cranky when their computers don't work. ~chris

Sylvia Cook Photography said...

I've had the same thing happen Jerry, and changing my password seemed to do the trick.
Isn't it annoying that people have nothing better to do with their time?

Bonnie said...

I received the message too. I did open it ... and deleted it. Hope that wasn't long enough to get infected.

I was just telling my husband that my computer is really 'jerky', not scrolling smoothly, letters not appearing on page until couple of seconds after I type them. I wonder if that is related.

Stuff happens - it's not your fault. If you have any idea what those of us who received it and opened it should do ... I'd love to hear.

Take care Jerry.

De Madera said...

I got it also... no problem.
In our internet world, we have to take the good with the bad. Hope you get it worked out. It is always so hard to figure out where the bad stuff comes from.


kristaskiln said...

I got an email as well. It looked just like the one I recently got from my sister in law so knew it was not actually from you. I got them twice from her so will pass along the tip of changing her password.

Brenda Clarke said...

Oh what a nightmare for you!
I wish I had some helpful advice. All I can do is wish you the best, I hope you get it sorted soon!

Anonymous said...

Aha! I wondered if the name in the header was a coincidence :)

Sim said...

Don't worry so much Jerry!
It happens to everybody!
Kisses & best wishes for fixing all this mess around.

Suzanne said...

Join the club, Jerry. This happened to me just a couple weeks ago. I was advised to change my password and do it often. Supposedly this helps to prevent repeats of this crap.