.

September 01, 2012

BlackBox Overlay Set 2























It's so nice to be back and creating some new things to share, hope you missed me,
I sure missed you guys.

BlackBox Overlay Set 2 contains as the banner states, 13 Overlays of various kinds,
each 2000 X 2000 pixels each.


































Example 1: using BlackBox 12

I'm using a wonderful portrait of Mary Louise Parker, sigh!

1. Open image

2. Open BlackBox 12 Overlay > set layer mode to Screen and leave the Opacity at 100%.

3. Optional ~ I've chosen to add a colored tint, go to Layer > select > New Fill Layer
> Solid Color > then I choose #b9ab90 as my tint to use then I set the Layer Mode at
Soft Light and again I leave the Opacity at 100%.

Ta Da .............. I'm happy with my results.




























Example 2 Original Image:


Example 2: using BlackBox 9

1. Open Image

2. Open BlackBox 9 > set the Layer Mode at Lighten and the Opacity leave at 100%.

3. Optional ~ I've chosen to add a colored tint, go to Layer > select > New Fill Layer
> Solid Color > b9ab90 as my tint, which gives the cold winter image a vintage feel.

4. Don't be afraid to experiment with solid colors on top of the overlays, here I
decide to use another solid color layer #b1d6d8 on top of the previous solid color
overlay and set the Layer Mode to Color Burn and the Opacity leave at 100%.

I'm satisfied with my results, which I feel gives the image a more acurate vintage look.






























Example 2 step 1 "above"






























Example 2 step 2 "above"


DOWNLOAD THE ZIPPED FILE HERE:


30 comments:

Country Girl said...

Ok, before I start, I want to just say how incredible that banner is, Jerry. I did miss you but I've found that for me, anyone, creativity comes and goes. I mean, it's always there, but sometimes it just feels buried is all.
Thank you for this set. So many interesting images to use. xo

Marsha said...

I agree with country girl... the banner is terrific... and thanks for sharing again!

You're the best Jerry!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is a wonderful set! I cannot wait to use the images - thank you so much for sharing your creations, I always look forward to seeing your work.

Deborah said...

you were missed, and I agree, your banner is fantastic ....

thank you for sharing your talent and creativity!

pam said...

Thank you so much, these are wonderful! I can't wait to try them.

windrock studio said...

Wonderful and so creative, as always ~
I do really love the new banner!

Painting Queen said...

You are a very miss-able dude! Loads of fun to get your goodies! Thank you! Thank you!

Sheila said...

awesome new set! Thank you for sharing your talent with us so freely. I can't wait to go make something now :)

Lissa Forbes said...

I love your new banner. It's very earthy. You are so generous, Jerry. I am amazed at how much you produce with such consistency. Thought I'd share my playing with some of your new fab overlays. http://www.lafcustomdesigns.com/2012/09/tales-from-kobi-me-and-snoopy.html I haven't done much with overlays and I'm quite please with how this came out.

helena said...

thank you - these are fabulous

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 4 post on Sep. 02, 2012. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Your banner is fantastically beautiful and thanks for the new textures!

Seraphina´s Phantasie said...

Thank you very much for the "News". I always work with your textures and overlays. They are fantastic !
Best regards, Synnöve

Magnolia said...

Thank you, Jerry. I'm another one who loves your new banner. And thank you for sharing what you did with your photos and overlays and the solid color tints.

Rita said...

So glad you are back and hope you are feeling better. I love Mediafire pro so hope you are happy with it too. LOVE your top header, wow, stunning! And these overlays are gorgeous. Rita

Richard said...

Jerry ...
I am always amazed at the quality of your work and the expertise shown in the 'How To Use' tips that accompany the postings.

I hope the medical problems are all done with and that you can move on without those as a concern. Sounds like what should be the relatively simple act of selecting a service provider for your site is (or has become) a lot more difficult that it should be - and I share your concerns about providing your files and banking information to unknown persons / companies in other countries ... it's enough to give anyone pause.

Thanks again for hanging in there.

Kyra said...

Some great stuff you offer us again. Thanks so much. Hope you are really feeling better again.
Hopefully your trouble with a new provicer are over now, must say I don;t like 4-shared, I am long time with Mediafire and that works rather well(okay, sometimes a little trouble, but nothing serious).
Take care!
Kyra

Romy said...

love these...thank you, Jerry!!!

Amalia Ferreira said...

Wow! These are amazing Jerry. Thank you so much for creating these for us. You very kind and very talented.

Regards,
Amalia

Sue said...

Thanks so much for the lovely texture!

Sabrina Hoglen said...

Jerry these are STUNNING! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ilona said...

Thank you so much.
Your new banner is epic :)

lisamc said...

Thanks so much for sharing, I know it is a part of yourself.

Kirsten said...

Thank you so much for these overlays!

Corrie said...

This is beautiful. Thank you so much!

Helena said...

I'm happy that finally you've fixed your problem with the hosts... and that you feel better!!

Thank you very much for your unvaluable effort on sharing your outstanding work and amazing resources.... they provide me lots of inspiraton: http://www.flickr.com/photos/heleny/7961290042/

Hug!!

Country Girl said...

Just wanted to thank you again, Jerry. I used the #1 in an edit contest from Pioneer Woman and she featured it today. Here's the link: http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2012/09/more-of-your-stormy-sky-edits/#comments
You rock.

Edna B said...

These are wonderful. Thank you so much.

sil said...

Amazing! Thanks!

Curt and Sarah said...

Thank you! These are fantastic.

Donation