Shadowhouse Creations March 2013 Texture Set























The March 2013 Texture Set contains 10 HQ large textures of various colors and sizes.

Hey guys, I must say its nice to back posting again.  Seems my personal health is on the
right track and I feel its time to move on over the passing of a family member.

I hope this set finds a good home in your collection.















































Above is the before image

Floral Arrangement Tutorial Walk-thru

1. Open image to be used, this becomes the background layer.

2. Open "Glow 4" texture, which becomes Layer 1, and set Layer Mode to Linear Burn
and the Opacity at 68%.

3. Now open the "Deadth" texture, which becomes Layer 2, and set the Layer Mode to
Linear Burn and the Opacity at 47%.

4. Hmmm, seems a little flat to me, so what I do is right click on the background
layer and select Duplicate Layer, then drag it to make it the top layer, which
becomes background layer 2. 

5. Next I go to "Filter" > "Stylize" > "Emboss" and set the "Angel" at 90, the "Height"
to 4 and the Amount at 80%, click OK. Now, change the Layer Mode to "Hard Light" and
set the Opacity at 72%.

6. That's it!

Below is the after image.










































Below is the before image








































Princess With An Umbrella Tutorial Walk-thru

1. Open image to be used, this becomes the background layer.

2. Open "Venus Envy" texture, which becomes Layer 1, and set Layer Mode to Color Burn
and the Opacity at 62%.

3. Now open the "Happy" texture, which becomes Layer 2, and set the Layer Mode to
Multiply and the Opacity at 100%.

4. Now just take a soft brush and the eraser tool set around 46% and carefully erase
the texture from exposed skin.

5. I selected to apply some blur around the corners to give it some depth.

6. That's it!

Below is the after image









































DOWNLOAD THE ZIPPED SET HERE:


40 comments:

Ann said...

Thanks for sharing this. These are gorgeous. I always love your textures.

Mary Ann Potter said...

Thank you so much, Jerry. You continue to bless me with your creativity!

latz said...

Thank you for this texture set. I also loved the two examples.

Michele Matucheski said...

Welcome Back, Jerry! Glad to see you are back and using your talents! Can't wait to use these new textures.
Happy New Year!

Ann said...

i learn so much from you.
thank you so much for this wonderful set..and the step by steps!
it is so good to see you back. glad that your health is better. the loss of a family member is devastating, it is good that you are in a place where you are ready to move on.

Dee said...

Thank you, Jerry . . . and delighted to see that you're doing better!

Bernie said...

wow thank you for sharing this and the examples! I love your work, and seeing it in action on photos beforehand is wonderful :) xx

klintxifood said...

Muchas gracias por compartir tus grandes obras de arte

Liz West said...

So happy to see you posting again, although it's good you took time to look after your own needs. Your textures always inspire me. Thank you for sharing them.

Berengaria said...

Jerry, I'm so glad you are back doing what you do best.

Thank you for the wonderful textures. But I'm equally thankful for the explanations you give for each of the pictures. It shows me how to use them and gives me some ideas to experiment with. They improve the colors so much and add depth to the picture. The quality really improves.

Thanks again,

Lois

Ellen said...

Thank you so much, amazing!!!! they work also in PSP ;-)


Have a nice weekend,
Ellen

Sue said...

thanks so much for the lovely textures and useful tutorials. I will have to give your techniques a try. :)

~Val said...

Hi, Jerry. Glad to hear you are feeling more like your old self. Thanks for this beautiful set of textures. I hope I can use them to create some beautiful images!

Magnolia said...

Thank you, Jerry - for the textures and the tutorials. So happy to hear you are feeling better in all ways.

Marsha said...

Beautiful Jerry, thank you!

Linda Kittmer said...

Thanks Jerry. It's good to have you back and I really appreciate your generosity in sharing these fabulous textures and tutorials. Very inspiring!

Nina Bille said...

Thank you so much Jerry for sharing your creativity - the tutorials and these wonderful textures! I hope you're doing well - there's nothing more important than listening one self and getting the time it takes.

Julie E said...

Glad you are better! Thanks for the textures. They are beautiful!

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams said...

We always appreciate your amazing textures...and thank you even more for showing us how to use them.

I am so glad to see you back.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Courtney said...

Gorgeous as always...thanks!

kimi kreations said...

So happy things are better for you Jerry. Your Art has been deeply missed. Thanks as always for the share. =)
~kimi~

LindaM said...

Thank you - these are beautiful as always :)

Debbie W said...

Thanks ~ and good to hear you are feeling better.

Karen Johnson said...

These are beautiful Jerry! Thank you!

AFE Images said...

Jerry good to hear you are back :) Thank you the textures.

Amalia

Sheila said...

Thank you, thank you! Glad you are feeling better. The textures are amazing! I will be donating today :)

Sher Falls said...

. . . I don't know how you do it!!! . . . but I'm soooo glad you do!! . . . thanx Jerry, for your generous sharing spirit!!!

Chef Michigan said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Jerry. Thank you for sharing your gifts of creating and teaching so generously. Blessings...

Giancarlo Guzzardi said...

I used your texture here. Thank you very much, enhance my work in digital photography.
http://giancarloguzzardi.megashot.net/photos/316832
it'ìs splendid your stock of textures and I use them often in my galleries.
Have a nice day!!

Becky H said...

It is amazing how your textures change the mood of the photo and it becomes art. I love them and use them more than any other "enhancement" in editing. Thank you and continued healing and positive energy to you, Jerry.

Edson said...

Thx dear Jerry! :)

aenee said...

Thank you for these wonderful textures !!! and for the tutorials !!
Good to hear you're feeling better .

louciao said...

Thank you so much for your generosity and sharing of your talent/creativity. It was also interesting this time to "see" how you enhanced your images with your textures. Some good titles in this batch as well! (venus envy...heh heh)

Tracey from Haiku.You.Do said...

Thank you, as always, Jerry. Glad things are looking up. You've been in my thoughts!

alejandro said...

hi, thank you very much!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful as always...Thanks!

Feli Caravaca said...

Thank you very much to share your art, creativity, textures and tutorials, All of them are wonderful, I will use for my works. Very Kind. Thanks

Kozerska said...

thank you ever so much :)

Linda said...

Beautiful....Thank you!

Linda

Jo Ann said...

I just found your place today from the Coffee Blog. Thank you

Donation