Blue Jean Baby Tutorial + Textures


Blue Jean Baby tutorial and textures contains an easy tutorial/walk thru on how I achieved the 
results posted above, plus the textures are included for your use.

** Click Images For Larger Views **






Blue Jean Baby Tutorial


Step 1: I opened Blue Jean Baby image to use, which now becomes the background image.






Step 2: I applied the AZ2 texture, set the "Layer Mode" to "Linear Burn" and the "Opacity" at 56%.
I then go to the "Brush Tool" and grab a soft brush around 65 pixels, and the "Opacity" set around 85  then make sure AZ2 texture is selected then erase the texture from the face and neck areas.






Step 3: I select JJ12 texture and set the "Layer Mode" to "Overlay" and the "Opacity" at 40%.
Once again I  then go to the "Brush Tool" and grab a soft brush around 65 pixels, and the       
"Opacity" set around 85 then make sure AZ2 texture is selected then erase the texture from the
face and neck areas.




Step 4: I right click on the background layer and select duplicate, then I drag it up on top of all
layers, then I set the "Layer Mode" to "Soft Light" and the "Opacity" at 38%.
Next I go to "Filter" select "Blur" then "Gaussian Blur" and set the "Radius" to 4.7 to add a soft blur to the face and neck to give the skin a soft smooth finish. Next I grab a soft brush around 25 pixels, and the "Opacity" set around 85 and carefully erase the blur around the eyes and lips to give them more detail.




Step 5: Again I right click on the background layer and select duplicate, then I drag it up on top of all  layers, then I set the "Layer Mode" to "Lighten" and the "Opacity" at 15% just to lighten all.  Done!

Again, I hope this walk thru helps in some small way how I apply textures.











10 comments:

Lisa B said...

Thanks Jerry, it's good to see you posting again, I hope you're feeling much better and things are going well for you.

Mia de Fleur said...

fantastic tut my dear friend

Mary Ann Potter said...

Oh, Jerry, thanks again! You do such beautiful work; I appreciate your sharing it. Sending blessings your way.

Sue said...

Great tutorial! Thanks for the freebie download, too! :)

drdesigns said...

So glad to see you back. Hope everything is ok and you're feeling better.

Norma said...

Thanks for your tutorials, I know you form "Digital Inspirantion", the article about Mario Van Middendorf, I love your works very much.
I'm at the beginning of digital art but I know is what I want to do.
Excuse my english ....
I love your works.
I'm preparing some works about photos that I took in Chicago in this April, I used a lot of texture made from my pictures.
I'm proud of my works and you are my teacher
Thanks
Ciao
Norma

The Queens Table said...

Always marvel at the quality of your work! Thanks Jerry!

Tammy W said...

I've pinned this and other items from your website onto my Pinterest boards. Maybe that will help more people find your website.
Thanks for the files.

Peter Keverne said...

most useful tutorial - many thanks

Old School said...

You stuff is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Donation